This is to voice your opinion and what you think of the current affairs.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"Between the two imams, the chicken became haram." Omar Khan Quotes

First of all.
I read this first thing in the morning and it got me really upset. I wrote an e-mail full of insults I don't ever want to send.I want to start off with a funny punjabi saying my father told me. To quote: "Between the two imams, the chicken became haram."We are debating about matters of fiqh and fiqh deals with minitae. With minitae there will be disagreements. Disagreements can lead to arguing, which can lead to fighting and hatred.Fiqh deals with minitae not because this science is obssessed with it. Fiqh is primarily a science of deriving rulings from the Koran and hadith. You have a verse and you have a hadith and these need to be interpreted via a particular method. Or else, even the devil can quote scripture for his own purpose as Gavin mentioned.The 4 madhabs differ in terms of their fiqh. Personally, I find it interesting that these 4 schools can disagree in terms of fundamentals of methodological interpretation and yet we ignorants sit here debating the minitae. It serves us no purpose. It only leads to chaos and anarchy. Attacking each other when, I'm sure, this community has bigger fish to fry. Like issues of Islamophobia and political engagement as you, Mujaahid, have highlighted in pervious e-mails.So let us respect those whose business is to debate and discuss such matters. If we don't like the fiqh opinion of one mosque, then go pray in another mosque. And if there's no mosque, then make your own mosque. Invite your own Imam or train to become one.Finally, I recommend Sheikh Ali Gomaa speech, Between Mercy and Mercy. It is an excellent speech I recommend. I will quote some of it here and leave the link.Also, this is my last e-mail since I don't want my mind to be occupied with these kind of discussions. It's a waste of time and energy.
Wasalaam,

Omar

No comments:

Post a Comment